Monday, May 18, 2009

Again?!

Image from Slate.com


I just got caught by the same neighbor, in the same spot, singing a very similar song, this time about a "tushy monster." It appears I am the one with a poopy brain (see previous post). I bet she thinks I'm schizophrenic. Maybe I should just go with it? Could be fun to see how long before I sufficiently weird this lady out and she moves out.

On a sort of related note, when I met David Sedaris a few weeks ago I pretended to have multiple personality disorder in an attempt to make it into his journal and therefore his future readings. We had to fill out sheets of paper with our name so that he could spell it correctly when signing our book. I wrote "Rufus B. VonKleinsmid: Purveyor of the Dark Arts."

When he asked who Rufus was, I said he was my other personality but couldn't make it that night because he was home sick with swine flu. David said he thought he had swine flu and upon telling me his symptoms I deduced that yes, indeed he did. Then he offered me a piece of fried bread and I went on my way.

Kids, may this be your lesson - this is what happens when you are on drugs*.

*Relatively harmless drugs that are legal in CA

1 comment:

  1. You know, you should really consider a doggy-song compilation CD. "Tushy Monster (the remix feat. T-Pain)" could get some major airplay. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete